Friday, August 21, 2009

Revival of 3rd Friday Commute

It's been 18 months since the last 3rd Friday Commute. A schedule change at work prevented me from organizing this ride for about a year, but Stephen recently asked if we could start it back up.

And here we go.



Thumbs Up was excellent as always. Lots of stories of poor behaviour by both cyclists and motorists and also some discussion about how to deal with poor behaviour. (There was also a TV show discussion, but my this isn't my best subject.)

Next ride will be Friday Sept. 18. There have been inquiries about other routes/destinations/breakfast spots. Much of this discussion is happening on Facebook's Bike Commuters of Atlanta group, but add a comment here if you're not on Facebook and would like to participate.

Commute Summary


Distance: 5.5 miles from Decatur Square to Thumbs Up Diner on Edgewood
Number of Cyclists stopping for breakfast: 9
Route: McLendon/Edgewood
Weather: Humid, but no rain as had been predicted

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8/24/09, 3:12 PM, Anonymous Todd said...

I'm interested, I just don't know when I will be in Atlanta. On a semi-unrelated note. What's the scoop on bike shops there? Which ones are good, which ones do I need to steer clear of completely?

 
At 8/24/09, 6:44 PM, Blogger Jett said...

Todd: Looking forward to the day when you'll be commuting with us.

As far as bike shops, there are probably better locations to discuss this than my blog.

Let us know where you find a job. That may open a new route for the 3rd Friday Commute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home