Sunday, July 26, 2009

Make it up as we go along

Today's ride goes along with a Talking Heads song I've had stuck in my head recently. "This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)", like many of the Talking Heads songs is upbeat, quirky, and just fun. Most of the time, I want to get the song out of my head, but this one I don't mind staying a while.



Our Sunday Morning group has a special charm because we never know where we're going until everyone is ready to start riding. It's almost like unwrapping a present.

This morning, we rolled out of Aurora Coffee with only a vague idea about getting to Silver Lake and using Shallowford to cross I-85. Michael T suggested this and the idea quickly gained momentum. It's been a while since we visited Silver Lake and the shade would be welcome on a warm day. Dave suggested an neighborhood approach to Shallowford, and someone else suggested the secret short-cut by the pool. Michael N suggested an alternate to Windsor Parkway. I lost count of how many different ride leaders helped us "make it up as we went along".

So I guess I must be having fun
The less we say about it the better
Make it up as we go along
Feet [ed. wheels] on the ground
Head in the sky
It's ok, I know nothing's wrong . . nothing

Today's route can be found on Bikely.com at http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/SilverLake-via-Shallowford.

Recent VaHi Velo routes can be found at: http://routes.cycling.jettmarks.com/showRoutes.html?tag=vahivelo

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home